Left Bank, The
Constructed as the Pennsylvania Railroad Freight Building in 1929, in a restrained Art Deco style, the first floor is sheathed in limestone with the upper stories clad in buff colored brick with limestone details. Rising six stories above a track level, the building was originally designed as a combination freight station, warehouse and showroom, and is characterized by immense massing, typical of industrial architecture. The structure was renovated and converted into condominium apartments, with a massive open courtyard carved from the interior, by the firm of Bower Lewis Thrower Architects in 2001.
Several University offices are located on the lower level the Left Bank
Facilities &, Real Estate Services, 3101 Walnut
Environmental Health &, Radiation Safety, Suite 400
Penn Center For Innovation, Suite 200
Penn Children's Center, Suite 100
Penn Mail Service, Suite 500